Monday, November 5, 2018

6. camera transitions



firstly we looked at the video cuts and transitions101 to find out the different transitions that could be used, this was useful as it it informed us to transitions we didn't even consider using.
the different camera transitions we leaned were:
  • match on action
  • cut away
  • invisible cut
  • cross cut
  • jump cut
  • match cut
  • dissolve
  • smash cut
  • whip pan




we also watched day 6666, a student made film, this was useful as it showed us the different ways you can use the transitions,  this short film uses transitions in a very clever way. boring mundane things such as getting a train is changed and made entertaining just by a simple transition. This has me inspiration of my actual short film as I found it made the short film interesting.



 


by exploring these short films, there transitions and camera shots and angles it allowed me to start to think about what transitions I would like to use in my short film. I feel that in order to portray a real life story I would like to keep the transitions simple in order to create a natural environment with editing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment